SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Conkers

4 posters

Go down

Playing Conkers Empty Playing Conkers

Post  Azron Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Just tried this little game today, with some conkers my brother picked up on his way back from school. It's a shame this game is dying, because it's surprisingly fun. Just wondering, has anyone else played it? Very Happy

What you do, for those that don't know (taken from some random website):

Each player has a conker hanging on its string. Players take turns at hitting their opponent's conker. (We usually have a round of Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide Razz)
If you are the one whose conker is to be hit first, let it hang down from the string which is wrapped round your hand. The conker is held at the height your opponent chooses and is held perfectly still.
Your opponent, the striker, wraps his conker string round his hand just like yours. He then takes his conker in the other hand and draws it back for the strike.
Releasing the conker he swings it down by the string held in the other hand and tries to hit his opponents conker (yours) with it.

If a player misses hitting his/her opponents conker they are allowed up to two further goes.

If the strings tangle, the first player to call "strings" gets an extra shot.

If a player hits his/her opponents conker in such a way that it completes a whole circle after being hit - known as ‘round the world’ – the player gets another go.

If a player drops his conker, or it is knocked out of his hand the other player can shout 'stamps' and jump on it; but should its owner first cry 'no stamps' then the conker, hopefully, remains intact.

The game goes on in turns until one or other of the two conkers is completely destroyed.

-

A victorious conker assumes the score of all its victim's precedent foes.

Thus, in a contest between two fresh conkers, the winner would then have a score of 1 (known as a 'one-er'). If it then beat another three one-ers, it would become a four-er.

However, if the same conker then beat a conker which had previously conquered (no pun intended) 5 fresh opponents (and thus was a 'five-er'), our steadfast nut would then become a ten-er (its own four, plus its latest victim (1) *plus* its victim's previous count of 5).

You won't find this rule for a world championship as it doesn't make sense for a one-day event. But it certainly does at school, where a good conker could go for several seasons or even be passed on to a younger sibling.

I remember there being sixty-ers around in my youth but, sadly, have no recollection of ever beating one...
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Playing Conkers Empty Re: Playing Conkers

Post  ZAFT Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:34 am

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make it sound like your old!

This game used to be cool. But its much more fun to put space marines on string and hit them against each other!
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:29 am

I think it's banned now... due to 'Health and Safety' regulation Evil or Very Mad

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azron Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:02 am

Skirax wrote:I think it's banned now... due to 'Health and Safety' regulation Evil or Very Mad

Excuse my french, but WHAT THE FLAYED ONE??
Lol, people are so stupid nowadays if conkers is banned Very Happy

@Zak, I copied and pasted that from a website, so of course I sound old Laughing
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Post  ninja banana Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:42 am

Azron wrote:
Skirax wrote:I think it's banned now... due to 'Health and Safety' regulation Evil or Very Mad

Excuse my french, but WHAT THE FLAYED ONE??
Lol, people are so stupid nowadays if conkers is banned Very Happy

@Zak, I copied and pasted that from a website, so of course I sound old Laughing
excuse me but i must correct your previous statement. The correct term is what the wrowing wrow
ninja banana
ninja banana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum