SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level up

5 posters

Go down

Level up Empty Level up

Post  Wills Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:35 am

Dot ou just hate those moments in your gaming career when you'll unlock something a yournext level but it takes so damn long to get there, or you COULD get there in one more game, but you lose no matter how hard you try? Well, we all know the feeling.
Yesterday i was playing Halo 3, i was about to become a major, i was a captain grade 2 and thats not as good as major, i was so excited and all, i just needed one more 'skill' to get there. I could do it in one game, so i matchmade and found a game. We lost by 1 point, and my skill remained the same. I then WON the next SEVEN games, and my skill had not gone up. I was raging inside, I WANTED TO BE A MAJOR. then, on my ninth game, i got 31 kills out of a maximum 50 for the entire game, this included a killingfrenzy, killionaire ad A 23 KILL STREAK. i was raging behind my screen, even my cat backed into the corner to escape my firey eyes. I was certain it would go up a skill after that game, i was MVP, man of the match, 23 kill streak, killed only twice, and got 3/5 of the entire team points. So the game ended and there were many screaming kids swearing at me for being too god and raping them. BUT THERE WAS NO LEVEL UP. i couldn't believe it, i was ready to destroy the xbox. it took me 14games before i fnally lost a match again, and that was when 3 out of 4 of my team quit early. I was alone and only just losing. But then, the next game, i gave up, and just let my team do the work. AND SOMEHOW I LEVELLED UP.
I was cheering and screaming and clapping myself for all my hard work while grabbing a hatchet to destroy the xbox for making me go through all that. I had finally become a maj... no, screw you Halo 3, you decide to make me CAPTAIN GRADE 3 INSTEAD????? WHY DO YOU HATE MEEEEEE

have you had any of these moments, if so please put them down

Wills

Back to top Go down

Level up Empty Re: Level up

Post  firenze Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:03 am

I've joined a beta for a game called World of Tanks. There isn't levelling up per-say, but it takes ages to get good and get credits to buy new tanks. A little annoying, but it's still amazing.

Halo 3, I never get annoyed at it. Levelling up does'nt mean your better, it just means you've played it alot. Thats what I've found. On BC2, People my rank have been playing longer, but it doesn't mean they are any good.
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:07 am

Not necessarily 'level up', but i hold a deep venomed hate for certain bits in some games which are incredibly difficult to do even on easy mode, and especially if your gaming system isn't quite up to scratch (like mine isn't for quite a few)
I personally hate the bit in Bad Company 2 where you are using the minigun on the Black hawk in bolivia, but it's the part where there's about 10 guys with RPGs all firing at you, it is inevitable you will be hit, I had to find a walkthrough to find out how to do that part, because even though i destroyed all of the RPG sites, they still blew me up.

Celtic
Celtic

http://www.sharenator.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:20 am

Jericho wrote:Not necessarily 'level up', but i hold a deep venomed hate for certain bits in some games which are incredibly difficult to do even on easy mode, and especially if your gaming system isn't quite up to scratch (like mine isn't for quite a few)
I personally hate the bit in Bad Company 2 where you are using the minigun on the Black hawk in bolivia, but it's the part where there's about 10 guys with RPGs all firing at you, it is inevitable you will be hit, I had to find a walkthrough to find out how to do that part, because even though i destroyed all of the RPG sites, they still blew me up.

*epic facepalm* you dont really mean you got stuck on that part? That's like he funnest, most relaxing part of the entire campaign, i replay that part for fun.
@Ben, BC2 you at last get unlocks ad things that show your skil ratherthan just a picture. BC2 is easy to do well in though, if all else fails you grab a sniper and be a pussy.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  the fishassassin Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

uuugh...
I know what you mean.
i am only four levels from presitiging on modern warfare 2, all my freinds think i am just slow at levelling up, unless you look at my game time Crying or Very sad Sad
the fishassassin
the fishassassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 am

Rome: Total War, whole armies of Princepii Soldiers held back by 320 Hoplites. Not Spartan Hoplites, not Armoured Hoplites, Hoplites. One of the weakest spearmen units in the game.

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am

Pikes are a nasty foe, Jake. Even if they're only pike militia, they can hold off against damn tough enemies for a while. The trick is to hold them in place with something cheap, like militia, peasants or hastati, and then knock them from the side with shock cavalry or something similar. Works for me every time
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 am

Jericho wrote:Pikes are a nasty foe, Jake. Even if they're only pike militia, they can hold off against damn tough enemies for a while. The trick is to hold them in place with something cheap, like militia, peasants or hastati, and then knock them from the side with shock cavalry or something similar. Works for me every time
And yet, despite a full 10 units of Principii, who throw a spear every time they charge, battering a unit of just 160 men with volley after volley, they can still push me back.

I know the tactic, I use it frequently. It's when the odds are in my favour and a time-honoured tactic that has worked countless times before fails me, that I realise that maybe, just maybe, there's a problem in the programming.

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, still. Peasants serve no earthly purpose other than what i said above, as garrisons in deep-territory cities and giving you a good laugh at their expense when they run off.
And, for the love of god, don't have a army made entirely of one type of unit - just don't. Because it fails.
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  firenze Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:34 am

@Ben, BC2 you at last get unlocks ad things that show your skil ratherthan just a picture. BC2 is easy to do well in though, if all else fails you grab a sniper and be a pussy.

I have every unlock. All apart from the M1 garand which I can't get at all (didn't pre order the game). And anyway, it's not the 'Sniper' class, it is Recon. That means spotting enemies and using stealth. Yes, you get to pop heads, but even still, it isn't that powerful. Assualt and engineer are my classes. My engineer class takes out choppers and tanks (tracer darts) and the assualt uses speed and aggression to flank and push forward.

Tip: When using an assualt rifle, fire in short bursts, not fully auto. More bullet hits=quicker kills. More bullets=/= quicker kills
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:55 am

firenze wrote:

I have every unlock. All apart from the M1 garand which I can't get at all (didn't pre order the game). And anyway, it's not the 'Sniper' class, it is Recon. That means spotting enemies and using stealth. Yes, you get to pop heads, but even still, it isn't that powerful. Assualt and engineer are my classes. My engineer class takes out choppers and tanks (tracer darts) and the assualt uses speed and aggression to flank and push forward.

Tip: When using an assualt rifle, fire in short bursts, not fully auto. More bullet hits=quicker kills. More bullets=/= quicker kills

im not a newbie at the game ben -.- and for some reason i didn't pre-order, but i do have the M1 garand :S and actually, i said sniper because, a sniper rifle is a gun, you dont grab a recon. i use whatever is needed, but i'm good with a snaiperskaya rifle and the last assault rifle, cant remember the name. Engineer is oka, i prefer killing tanks with an M95 or C4. i use medic when im with friends, because it gets me uber points cause my friends are pretty good and like to rely on me to revive them, and the m60 is pretty good with magnum ammo

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  firenze Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:43 am

The M60 is terrible I found, the recoil is horrendous.

I said Recon because I mean the kit. Just because you have a sniper rifle and ghillie suit doesn't mean you are dedicated head hunter. Motion mines are your best friends, along with the 'back' or 'select' button. Points galore.

My kits:

Assualt: AUG, MP443, Grenade Launcher, 4x scope, body armour, Vehicle optic
Engineer: G3, tracer, M2CG, Ex ammo, Ex upgrade, Vehicle optic
Medic: M36, MP443, 4x scope, body armour, vehicle optic
Recon: M95 or G3, MP443, Mortar or C4, 12x scope or ex ammo, magnum ammo, vehicle optic
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum