SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox (360)

5 posters

Go down

Xbox (360) Empty Xbox (360)

Post  ZAFT Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:58 am

Hey guys, after a great partee of Jaco went to yesterday, I have decided to get an Xbox.

But which one should I get? Which one is the best?
I know there are the several different types, such as the 360 and elite, but which is best.
The only things I need it for is playing games and playing online.

Cheers,
Toast
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Xbox (360) Empty Re: Xbox (360)

Post  Celtic Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 am

whichever you like, we can't decide 4 u
Celtic
Celtic

http://www.sharenator.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:04 am

But I don't know the differences between them.

Let me explain a bit more, I don't know the differences between them, but I dont want to waste my money. Also I don't give a **** about what it looks like.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:11 am

ok with check this link out for more info, then decide which you'd prefer. The older models are at the bottom of the chart, so start from the bottom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Comparison_of_features
Celtic
Celtic

http://www.sharenator.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 am

Okay, please listen to someone who actually owns... and has owned multiple xboxs. I have the xbox arcade, which is pretty standard and cheap if you want a 360 that you will use, but not over-use, go for this because it's cheaper, but can overheat easily.
The elite has slightly better cooling system and memory, tats the only differnce.
Now, the 360 slim is out, it's pretty expensive, but everytihng is better, it's a brand new xbox released. All the 360 games work fo all arcade, elite and slim. Slim is however basically the new hardware of choice for xbox, as everything new will be done for the slim.
My plan is to sell my arcade after crhistmas, and ask for the slim for mychristmas present, considering it's expensive i am not expecting anything else other than the slim. I would then sell the arcade.
To you, i suggest doing the same, wait unil chrismas, it's not far away and there wont be any changes to xbox live, the old xbox, nothing, so then it'd be cheaper for you. Also, christmas produced xboxs will have less hardwear problems than the first batches produced now, as they will be fixed by christmas, that would probably give you an advantage with waiting for christmas.
If you buy the elite or arcade, it'll get moved on and forgotten, it'll become like the PS2 is now, still great to play, but things wont be updated, less replacements, no more gadets sold for it etc. etc. and you'll wish you bought the new one.
My advice,wait for cristmas to get an xbox slim, unless you really have the money now, then buy the slim now of course Razz But i wouldn't suggest buyng an elite, not now, if you really have no patience and want omething cheaper, then, go for arcade, but it'll always be 'the old one' and cheap.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  ninja banana Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 am

the xbox slim is not taking over xbox 360, it's going to be similar to what ps3 did, they make a new console with all the new hardware but keep the old ones going and all new released games will be out for all consoles, not just the slim, i know this because all the new games coming out next year have confirmed that the games will be out for xbox 360 till about 2012 to 2013. Also, why would they make all the thousands of xboxs obsolete for a new xbox, microsoft are earning millions from the money from live so why would they cut all that money off just for a new console that could take a while to get popular. If microsoft are doing what you suggested, Will then they are taking a huge risk
ninja banana
ninja banana

Back to top Go down

Post  ninja banana Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:54 am

Zak, i've had a look on the internet and at some reviews and they mostly say that if you already have an xbox 360 then don't bother buying a slim but if you don't own an xbox then you should buy the slim
ninja banana
ninja banana

Back to top Go down

Post  the fishassassin Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:01 pm

... it was that good?
ok i recommend a 60gb console, that's the one i got, and are pretty cheap at www.ebay.co.uk
it would be good to get xbox live aswell, so if you've got wireless internet connection, buy a wireless router.
if not make sure you've got a long enough ethernet cable.
Twisted Evil
the fishassassin
the fishassassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:58 pm

ninjabananascheeselovers wrote:the xbox slim is not taking over xbox 360, it's going to be similar to what ps3 did, they make a new console with all the new hardware but keep the old ones going and all new released games will be out for all consoles, not just the slim, i know this because all the new games coming out next year have confirmed that the games will be out for xbox 360 till about 2012 to 2013. Also, why would they make all the thousands of xboxs obsolete for a new xbox, microsoft are earning millions from the money from live so why would they cut all that money off just for a new console that could take a while to get popular. If microsoft are doing what you suggested, Will then they are taking a huge risk

perhaps i didn't give the idea, but we all know that the old arcade will become the backseat traveller, LIVE and games will continue as normal, but microsofts efforts will be pushed towards the slim, the old xboxs wont get all the new stuff and updates, add-ons etc. and 2012/13, time goes very fast when you're having fun, so the xbox will be very old, very soon. Slim will becomethe standar,d and the arcade wil become the underdog.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum