SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asmodai

5 posters

Go down

Asmodai Empty Asmodai

Post  Celtic Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Asmodai is the Master Interrogator-Chaplain of the Dark Angels. He is one of the few characters that has a model but no official profile in the game.
So, in the spirit of things, I thought i would come up with some rules for him for the current edition.

Asmodai - 185 pts
WS BS S T W A I LD Sv
5. 5. 4. 4. 3. 3. 5. 10. 3+
Wargear:
Master-Crafted Crozius Arcanum
Plasma pistol
Power Armour
Blades of Reason
Frag & Krak grenades
Rosarius

Special Rules:
Asmodai follows the rules for standard Interrogator-Chaplains, with the following additions:
Master of Fear and Faith
Once per turn, Asmodai may force any Dark Angel unit within 24" OR enemy unit within 12", even if they are in combat, to retake a leadership test, whether it is failed or passed

The Blades of Reason
Any enemy model in combat that has taken an unsaved wound from Asmodai and not died must pass a Toughness test or reduce its strength by 2.

All comments, criticism and questions will be welcome, and i'll see if i can playtest these rules to see if they work if approved of
Thanks

Last edited by Black Jericho on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Celtic
Celtic

http://www.sharenator.com

Back to top Go down

Asmodai Empty Re: Asmodai

Post  Skirax Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Very nice rules there, but I think for 200 points his WS should be upped to 6.

Also, what's the fluff behind the Blades of Reason? They're good and not too over powered, which is a great touch, but is there a fluff reference to them?

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Asmodai has a reputation for having the enemy be fearful or at least wary of him, especially the Fallen, because of the Blades of Reason, which can incapacitate with ease, lowering their ability to strike back, but not necessarily kill them. They induce so much pain that they are used very often to force confessions from the fallen
Also, since he has such a formidable reputation as a great upholder of the faith, his allies will look to him for guidance, and many enemies may turn and flee at his sight, because of him being so utterly ruthless.
I wanted to avoid giving him WS 6 because Azrael has 5. Very few Marines have a WS of over 5, save the most experienced and legendary characters (Calgar/)
I could give him artificer armour rather than ws 6, because he is one of the foremost members of the Inner Circle, and the other named characters do.
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Jericho wrote:I wanted to avoid giving him WS 6 because Azrael has 5. Very few Marines have a WS of over 5, save the most experienced and legendary characters (Calgar/)
I guess you don't know that all Space Wolf Characters have WS 6? The only ones who don't are Wolf Priests, Rune Priests and Wolf Guard Battle Leaders.
And Azrael only has WS 5? Wow....

Ok, well if you make him WS 5 at least give him either Preferred Enemy or something similar to Wolftooth Necklaces (Always hit on 3+)

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Azron Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Skirax wrote:
Jericho wrote:I wanted to avoid giving him WS 6 because Azrael has 5. Very few Marines have a WS of over 5, save the most experienced and legendary characters (Calgar/)
I guess you don't know that all Space Wolf Characters have WS 6? The only ones who don't are Wolf Priests, Rune Priests and Wolf Guard Battle Leaders.
And Azrael only has WS 5? Wow....

Ok, well if you make him WS 5 at least give him either Preferred Enemy or something similar to Wolftooth Necklaces (Always hit on 3+)

Seconded, plus Blood Angel HQ's, and I think a few BT HQ's, Emperor's Champion etc. I think Grimnar should have WS 7... Mad
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Post  firenze Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:52 am

That is epic... Very well written and fits the background perfectly. Well done.

The only crit I have is to reduce the points to 185pts.
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 am

quote]Seconded, plus Blood Angel HQ's, and I think a few BT HQ's, Emperor's Champion etc. I think Grimnar should have WS 7... Mad [/quote]

why? Just because he is a Great Wolf, or chapter master, doesn't mean he should. Calgar has a better reputation, so then he would have to be ws7 or 8.

As would Dante Very Happy
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Azron Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 am

Yeah, i suppose. But then again, Calgar and Grimnar have a better reputation than Mephiston. Who is WS7.
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:34 am

But atleast he has a reason for it.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Azron Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 am

..which would be?
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Post  firenze Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:32 pm

He isn't named the lord of death for no reason. He earned it by being a master in combat. That is represented by his stupidly powerful stats

WS5 for Asmodai fits. He is a chaplain after all.
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Actually Ben, that's not the reason; he wasn't a brilliant combatant when he was alive, but he died, then was reborn, then died again, then came back once more. And he throttled the life out of a Greater Daemon. And he's supposedly 'blessed' by a Chaos God because, before he returned to the Imperium, he turned to Chaos a little, but not completely, and yet he still serves the Imperium.

And he's not called the Lord of Death because of his combat prowess; he's called that because, as mentioned before, he died twice. And is still alive.

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Azron Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Skirax wrote:And he throttled the life out of a Greater Daemon.

I think it was a Daemon Prince.
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Are you sure?

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Azron Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:36 pm

"In the year of 977.M41, the Daemon M'kar trapped Mephiston in the crystal caves of Solon V. He then attempted to lure Mephiston into joining Chaos as a Renegade, claiming that Mephiston is already firmly on the path to Daemonhood. Mephiston rejected his captor's claims and throttled the life out of M'kar5, though he was reborn."

Just checked Lexicanum, it just says Daemon. Zak, what does the codex say?
Azron
Azron

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:49 am

Daemon Prince. But he has no chaos in him. He hasn't been 'blessed' as Jake put it. This was a Daemon Prince trying to convert him to him warband. Ben is right about his Uber Skillz Very Happy
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:15 am

firenze wrote:That is epic... Very well written and fits the background perfectly. Well done.

The only crit I have is to reduce the points to 185pts.

I put him on 200 cos he could potentially cause bloody havoc and mayhem among enemy ranks - he could a be a real powerful guy, so im keepin him like that

(Yes, im on holiday for any of u wondering, i can get on at the weekends. Makes a nice change)
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum