SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infection - zombies

+2
Celtic
Wills
6 posters

Go down

Infection - zombies Empty Infection - zombies

Post  Wills Mon May 10, 2010 10:33 am

Okay, to make clear, this is NOT fatboy, which is taken from Haslo, this is an actualy game i played with aroudn 20 people in GW before christmas. It was amazing, however i have decided that as there are fewer people, i am changing rules to suit us.

Basically, on a LONG table, one sid e are the players, the other is an EMPTY valkyrie, capable of carrying ONE team away from the board, and therefore, winning. Each person has up to 100points to spend on a codex HQ choice, codex rules and automatically independant charachter. You also have 150points to spend on a squad, using any rules in THEIR profiles. Each man is an independant charachterm however, you cannot let anyone roam further than 5 inches away from another member of the squad.
Zombies are on the side of the table, attempting to destroy you and prevent you from escape. If one of your guys die, he is turned into a zombie. There are 30 zombies on the table to begin with. Each turn 30 more zombies will appear at the sides. Also, D3 brawlers will spawn at the sides.

The aim of the game:
To escape via valkyrie
Failing that, second place is awarded to most zombie kills

It is likely you will not reach the valkyrie, so make sure you bring ammunition and prepare for a huge zombie bloodbath, because there are a lot of them and you'll feel the pressure.

Stats:
Zombie
WS BS S T W A I LD SV
5 0 5 2 1 2 2 10 5+

Independant charachet, rage, fleet
two close combat wepaons

Brawler
WS BS S T W A I LD SV
6 0 6 5 3 3 4 10 3+

Independant charachter, rage, fleet, jump infantry

The idea of zombies is to make sure they're reasonablly weak and easy to kill, but if you dont bother killing them, you will feel their sheer numbers and strength rip you apart. The brawlers are basically 'tanks' from left for dead, the idea is that they charge at you and take a lot to take down, they require attention and teamwork to halt. All players are on the same team, all with their character and squad. Remember that although you are racing each other, you need to support each other with firepower, if the player next to you is overun, all his guys may become zombies and then turn on you. There are many elements to this game, you need to consider them all and balance this right.
I had much fun playing this at GW, i hope you do to, if anyone would like a game of this (as the zombies have rage, the players move them without a seperate controller), we only need 2, prefferably 3 as this is very fun with more people.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Infection - zombies Empty Re: Infection - zombies

Post  Celtic Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 am

count me in, this sounds a lot of fun
Celtic
Celtic

http://www.sharenator.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

One question; why have RAGE when they don't have any ranged weapons? That's the restriction of Rage - you can't fire your ranged weapon if an enemy unit is within charge range.

Also, I think you should make a mob size for the Zombies, and also make a faster type, which shall be Beasts/Cavalry

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Mon May 10, 2010 1:38 pm

I gave the rage, so that they HAVE to move, run and charge to the nearest person they see. Otherwise we would need another player to fairly distribute the zombies to attack people. Also i was thinking on a fast zombie, and i actually testplayed one, but it got to the units within second turn and managed to consume half of them into zombies. Then again the units were only veterans(guardsmen), perhaps if someone had marines it'd be better. I will play around with a speedy zombie.

Also, i forgot to mention the brawler has two power weapons.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Tue May 11, 2010 3:36 am

Will, I've played this be4 and its very fun, I woulkdn't mind giving it a go at the club.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Tue May 11, 2010 9:52 am

I'll say I'm pretty tempted to play if Jamie doesn't turn up again.
Instead of power weapons, give the Brawlers the monsterous creature special rule. Same thing in effect but they'd get no cover saves by hinding behind zombie hordes. They're big brutes standing tall over their zombie brothers.
Splinter
Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Tue May 11, 2010 10:53 am

extremely good point There splinter, i was thinking this at lunch.
Also, as i know marines cant fit much for 100points on their HQ, and to make them exciting they need 120points, i am deciding to change, or meet them halfway somewhere. I know some races will have overpowered and too high choices for 120points. I thought about 110points, and thought this was a good idea, until i noticed that marines dont have many 10 point upgrades, and 10 points would mean a lot to other races (e.g. IG, orks). The idea of the HQs, is to be your moderate, average leader, somehow stranded, facing an overwhelming, dominant force that will eat your guts and piss on your grave... even though you'll be a zombie after dying anyway... you necrophiliac -.-
Anyway, i think that i will keep the points to 100, HOWEVER! I am making an exception for all marine players. If you can not reach this 100point limit, or simply dont want to, you can always take a guy from the NORMAL space marine codex, and use their upgrades, as all the marine codexs differ slightly. I know that dark angel captian(company master) is more than the the normal captain, so can be swapped for a normal captain to fit the points. This means you can have space wolves troops, and a normal marine HQ, or blood angel troops and HQ.
If you are clever like me, you can fit a black templar HQ quite nicely without use of the normal codex.

So the the rules changed are:
Brawlers now have monstrous creature instead of two power weapons
Space marine HQ can be selected form any Marine codex

I will work on a fast zombie, im still figuring out rules

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Wed May 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Also now, zombies no longer have fleet. And they come in squads of 5. So 3 squads of five will come on at the two side table edges.

NOW:
Fast zombie
WS BS S T W I A LD SV
5 0 5 2 1 1 2 10 5+

Rules
(5 in a squad)
Beasts
Fleet
Rage

Wargear
two close combat weapons

As these are slightly better, only 20 of these will come in each turn. Making a grand total of 50 zombies per turn... i know there will be a lot of basic ap5 weaponary, the first game is this friday, consider it a test play, 50 zombies a turn, more than 5 players, with a lot of weapons... i think this will be a massacre for both sides ^^

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 am

I reckon that it should be 2 HQ guys per man at 150 points each and no troops. That would give everyone a chance if one of their HQs got zombified
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Fri May 14, 2010 10:47 am

I know what you mean Mike, from what I saw people were gunna lose as soon as their HQ was killed ,consider maybe upping the points a little bit, especially in smaller games. How about if you up the points, then they can have 2 HQ's but no troops.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Fri May 14, 2010 11:18 am

thats what i just said
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

lol!

Sorry, misread ure post, imma back u up then Very Happy
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Fri May 14, 2010 11:50 am

I think in that case, we need to consider all zombies being independant characters again, mobs of zombies piling on top of one guy is a bit mean.

Also, 4 players maximum for each game, if we wish to do multiple games at same time, i think we do the players in each game in level of maturity and willingness to have fun, rather than rant on about other people and being bitchy, especially not moving zombies the right direction when they ahve rage and not enoguh inches so you dont get caught, and certainly no DELIBERATELY not shooting zombies just so other people die... obviously im not naming anyone but if you think im talking about you that's probably because you did it.

Also, if we had one person, or two, they would be from any list, not just HQ choice. Tom suggested no vehicles or monstrous creatues... so my tyranids are f***ed, especially Buster... my Carnifex Smile

Then again... two emperors champions would be... i dont think this language has the right words :/

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Fri May 14, 2010 1:40 pm

well, there can only be one of each special character, obviously, but I reckon if there is to be no troops, Each player should have two HQ choices, to give them a chance, to be fair
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat =^.^= Fri May 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Scrap either the fast zombies or make them all fast- or do a mix between the two
Cat =^.^=
Cat =^.^=
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Fri May 14, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm thinking that we have 4 players playing the survivors with an infantry model of choice and a zombie player setting up the zombies. They spawn zombie mobs of 5 where they want, where-upon they act independantly in rage. Then play as the brawlers themselves.
Allows for some stratagy for the zombies as it would be more than possible for one player to get buried under zombies then get tackled by a brawler where it would be better used against another player.
If it seems a little vage that is because I'm on a sugar high.
Splinter
Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat =^.^= Fri May 14, 2010 3:39 pm

hooray for sugar Very Happy
Cat =^.^=
Cat =^.^=
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Tom, you seriously misunderstand the point of zombies - they are mindless mounds of rage and violence incarnate - they have no concept of strategy - the idea is that they will attack the nearest sane person in search of a new brain ( for obvious reasons they'd steer clear of Fahad), so it would make sense for them to have the rage rule - it is what they are
Celtic
Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat =^.^= Fri May 14, 2010 3:51 pm

elephant beats you.
Cat =^.^=
Cat =^.^=
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down