SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attrition fight

3 posters

Go down

Attrition fight Empty Attrition fight

Post  Wills Sat May 29, 2010 2:36 am

Okay, so i was flicking through some warhammer books, and i read an imperial guard specified fight called 'attrition'. This is basically where you have two armies that constantly bring in every dead unit back from reserve. But you are allowed every single type of army.
I thought it'd be funny/crazy if we had a game where you had to have 1 HQ and 3 troops, plus any extra troops you wanted. 1,000points each army and you have maximum amount of troosp you can fit in. Then, with a bunch of decent scenary, we have a massive collision. So to give you a taste of this attrition fighting, an ork army would have a Warboss and 5 squads of 30 boys. This is roughly 1,00points. He has 150 orks and 1 warboss. He plays an imperial guard player that has a command squad, plus two infantry platoons of command squads, two infantry squads and a 50man conscript squad in each. That is around 150 gaurdsmen vs 150 orks. both armies have a tonne of troops and 1 HQ, but no heavy weights, so the skill of the game is all within the player and the choices he makes. Of course, if 30 boys got charged by 50 conscripts, a very large fight would break out, as orks have many attacks but low intiative, but the conscripts would have 100 attacks, because they charged. So this battle is completely about masses of infantry colliding and seeing how many survive.
This could also work if there are 150 boys, and 60 fire warriors, the fire warriors would excel at shooting a tonne of orks down, but there'll still be lots that get close, so it's pretty intense fighting.

To make thing even more interesting, you could stick in a third army, or an objective in the middle, and when both armies charge their massed infantry into on small spot, you can only imagine the bloodshed.

So this is basically apocalypse with no vehicles, it is fun, bloodthirsty, and quite enjoyable, even if you lose.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Attrition fight Empty Re: Attrition fight

Post  Skirax Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 am

If you have read Battle Missions, this is a specified game. You might have got this from that...

Basically, the normal FOC applies, only Troops can be removed from the board at any point in YOUR turn, and be brought back on the next turn, awarding a Kill Point. But yours works well, now to see how many Blood Claws I can fit in 1,000 points Twisted Evil

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Sat May 29, 2010 3:56 am

yes i did read that, this though you're not allowed fast, elites or heavy support. But you're still allowed to pull back units into reserve

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Sat May 29, 2010 3:59 am

Sounds fun, I'd give it a go.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down