SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warden Bunker

3 posters

Go down

Warden Bunker Empty Warden Bunker

Post  Wills Sun May 30, 2010 12:00 pm

I was bored, so thought about new rules for buildings in warhammer 40k. I know there are a few in planetstrike, but they're relatively the same. I wanted to make more of structure/emplacement, rather than a tower, like the bastions. These follow links with things like the Imperial guard building in DOW.

Warden Bunker - 180 points
BS F S R
3 14 14 14
Unit type
building(basically means you're immobile)

One rear entrance
Transport capacity: 20

Wargear:
two twin-linked heavy bolters
searchlight

Special Rules
Immobile
underground system
open roof
system generators

Options:
May swap 5 transport spaces for a quad-gun(on roof) for 50points
May swap 10 transport spaces for a earthshaker(on roof) for 100points
May upgrade any twin-linked heavy bolters to twin-linked lascannons for 15 points each

This fortification must be destroyed before anyone can be hurt inside, the unit does not provide a cover save, but counts a seperate unit with it's own armour and transport capability. As this is just like any other unit, it MUST be deployed within your deployment zone, scenarios and campaigns are exceptions.

Open roof:
There are 10 spaces on the roof for the guns, or the people inside to walk out and shoot. Everyone may shoot out of the bunker as if it was open-topped, but the structure does not suffer +1 on the damage table for being open-topped. Notice that once something has been bought e.g. a quad-gun, it takes up 5 of the roof spaces, so only 5 spaces are left for anything else.

Underground system:
If there is another Warden Bunker in play, the two(or more) are usually linked by a series of simple tunnels or paths to another bunker. Troops can use these to be transported from one bunker to the next. In order to do this, the unit(s) must be taken from play and placed into reserve. Then for the next turn(s) (until they come out of reserve) roll the dice for bringing in reserves following reserve rules. If you succeed then place the unit in the new bunker. Notice that you roll for reserves from the beggining turn of them being in reserve, not from the beggining of the game. This rule is to take into account the distances of the seperate bunkers or the rough journey of dark tunnels along the way. This is why you do not instantly transprot between bunkers.

System generators:
The Warden Bunker's systems are run by generators, as it has no engines, they is plenty of power to go around, making this an incredibly sturdy and reliable construct. Not only can this unit not be immobilised, but it can also split fire. The unit inside the bunker can not split fire, but all the bunkers weapons can chose it's own targets.
-If a immobilised result occurs on the damage table, it counts as weapon destroyed. The quad-guns and earthshaker can not be destroyed this way, they need weapon destroyed FIRST time around.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Warden Bunker Empty Re: Warden Bunker

Post  ZAFT Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Thats some nice rules Will, we could use those for the open evening, I don't like the rule that you HAVE to get a weapon destroyed result, becasue that means the immobilised result does nothing.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Sun May 30, 2010 12:49 pm

No, the immobilised can destroy the heavy bolters/lascannons, but not the roof quad guns or earthshaker. Otherwise there's a third chance of you being able to destroy such an amazing weapon, so i chose to make it so the roof guns can only be destroyed by weapon destroyed result, the heavy bolters and lascannons can be destroyed by the weapon destroyed OR immobilised.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  Wills Sun May 30, 2010 12:52 pm

anyway, ty for the reply, i'd be happy to attempt to contruct this, all i need is a lot of polystyrene. I'd be happy for this to be used at the open day, as maybe a small base or outpost. We could also make attachments to this, such as secondary rooms that hold other heavy bolters/transport, a landing pad, etc. etc. a garage.

Wills

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Sun May 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh, I understand what you mean now Very Happy I like it, write some more rules for more buildings Will!
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat =^.^= Sun May 30, 2010 2:58 pm

ohhhh gorgeous- may i do xenos bunkers?
Cat =^.^=
Cat =^.^=
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  ZAFT Sun May 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Absoulutely Very Happy I have posted a thread up for custom rules.
ZAFT
ZAFT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum