SheriffWarlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL???

+2
Skirax
runehally16
6 posters

Go down

Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL??? Empty Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL???

Post  runehally16 Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:52 am

I think that the IG vehicles are overkill. It's true, they are stupidly powerful and the Baneblade would own practically any vehicle I know (that isn't apocalypse) and I find it very irritating... Does anybody agree with me?

Ta muchly

Rune
runehally16
runehally16

Back to top Go down

Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL??? Empty Re: Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL???

Post  Skirax Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:20 am

The above post is seriously pointless.

This topic should be in debating.

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

https://sheriffwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL??? Empty Re: Imperial Guard : Vehicles OVERKILL???

Post  the fishassassin Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Skirax wrote:The above post is seriously pointless.
Mine, or his?
the fishassassin
the fishassassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:23 pm

the fishassassin wrote:
Skirax wrote:The above post is seriously pointless.
Mine, or his?
Whose has been deleted?

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  the fishassassin Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:58 pm

mine scratch
the fishassassin
the fishassassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm

...*facepalm*

Then which post was inappropriate? My god....

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  firenze Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 am

All these posts are innapropriate. OT please.

IG vehicles are actually some of the more mediocre tanks, costing a hefty points sum for somthing a little better than a preadtor. The predator for example, can be given tri-las and EA for about 180 pts, while a Vanquisher to have the same effectiveness, needs to have a HK rocket, Lascannon and Pask. And, even then, it doesn't seem to work as well Mad
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  Celtic Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:37 am

on the other hand, where the guard excels with tanks, olly, they are frankly terrible when it comes to infantry. Imperial guard squads as we all know are useful cannon fodder and will rarely excel by themselves in combat. This is why the guard rely fairly heavily on having good tanks, and a lot of them. And guard tanks aren't as durable or as destructive as it might seem, as ben pointed out. I'd rather pay the decent cost for a pair of predators than leman russes
Celtic
Celtic

http://www.sharenator.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:58 am

Black Jericho wrote:on the other hand, where the guard excels with tanks, olly, they are frankly terrible when it comes to infantry. Imperial guard squads as we all know are useful cannon fodder and will rarely excel by themselves in combat. This is why the guard rely fairly heavily on having good tanks, and a lot of them. And guard tanks aren't as durable or as destructive as it might seem, as ben pointed out. I'd rather pay the decent cost for a pair of predators than leman russes

To quote yourself, 'Wrong'.

IG are mostly seen as cannon fodder yes, but that's not true - a unit of Conscripts managed to take out three Terminators - and there was only 25 of them! Considering how they're less effective than a unit of Orks, that's surprisingly brilliant.

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  firenze Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 pm

And once, my command squad with straken and a couple of others. ripped apart Jakes grey hunter squad without taking a single casulty. Then did brilliantly when charged by his BCs.
firenze
firenze

Back to top Go down

Post  Splinter Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I'd preffer Russes to predators, Russes get pie plates.
Plus armour 14 isn't to be sniffed at.

I think Jeicho you haven't been against a real Guard gunline yet, a few orders and the massed firepower that's thrown out can rip through pretty much anything. Put them in cover and you'll have a seriously hard time flushing them out.

Oh and Ben's Vanq is a converted Abrams. Nuff said. Very Happy
Splinter
Splinter

Back to top Go down

Post  Skirax Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:49 am

firenze wrote:And once, my command squad with straken and a couple of others. ripped apart Jakes grey hunter squad without taking a single casulty. Then did brilliantly when charged by his BCs.
Um... The Grey Hunters held out for three turns, and the Blood Claws only took three casualties in the first turn of combat.

Next turn of Combat... Goodbye Straken Wink

Tom is so right; An IG gunline can slow even the hardest of hitting forces. Even my Blitzkrieg tactic would have trouble breaking it. And let's not forget: a R: 24 S: 6 AP: 4 gun for 5 points per Guard squad is so useful.

Skirax
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down